Friday, November 11, 2011

crochet friday

Photobucket
Photobucket
left image: people webs

after all the crochet talk on this blog, i finally get to show you pics of my first completed project - this adorable bow headband designed by lindsi of people webs. isn't it just the cutest? the pattern is super simple and absolutely perfect for a beginner like me. i think my bow turned out a bit smaller than it was supposed to but i love the way it looks puffed out - really reminds me of hello kitty's bow! 

i followed this tutorial and used the same yarn as recommended - caron simply soft - in a nice light gray. this is a great afternoon project and lindsi does a fantastic job of explaining every step and providing detailed photos. i love how soft the synthetic yarn is but it gave me a bit of trouble as my hook kept getting caught on the individual strands and separating the main strand. this doesn't seem to happen when i work with wool yarn - i'm starting to understand the pros and cons of each type of yarn blend but i've still got so much to learn.

i can't wait to make a few more of these headbands for myself in other colors. next time, i'll make sure to count the rows so my bow turns out nice and big. i might even add a few rows to one for a cute oversized look. staying warm in the winter was never so fun!

xoxo
 c. emilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment